Momos are favourite of everyone. These are cheap, tasty and available on almost every street corner in every metropolitan city in India. Momos are a type of South Asian dumplings that are hugely popular throughout the region. Momos are basically dough wrapped around stuffed vegetables or meat. These can be cooked in various ways- but are most commonly steamed.
Nowadays, tandoori momos and fry momos have increased the demand for momos even more.
Let’s see the recipe and try to make it at home and enjoy whenever we want.
Refined Flour or Maida – 1 Cup
Ginger – 1 Inch grated
Cabbage – 1 & 1/2 cup grated
Salt – To Taste
1) Steps to make Momos
- Firstly, In a large mixing bowl add maida and salt and knead the dough.
- Dough for 20 minutes.
- Now, In a kadhai, add 2 tsp oil, heat it and then saute 4 cloves, garlic, 1-inch ginger and 2 chilli and saute for a minute.
- Now add carrot and cabbage stir fry on high flame until the raw smell of cabbage gone.
- Now add 1/2 tsp black pepper and salt and saute for another one minute.
- Now take small ball sized dough and flatten with the rolling pin around 4-5 inch in diameter.
- Now place a heaped tbsp of prepared stuffing in the centre.
- Make a shape.
- Heat the steamer and arrange the momos in the steamer.
- Now steam the momos for 4-5 minutes until a shiny sheen appears over it.
- Finally, veg momos are ready.
- Enjoy, Hot momos with chutney.
2) Steps to make Momos Chutney