Suji namakpare is the healthier option of maida as it contains more fibre, gives energy. It also helps to regulate weight loss and good for strong bones. Suji is also good for the heart and good for overall body function.
Ingredients for Suji Namakpare
Suji – 3 cup
Ghee – 5-6 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Chat Masala – 2 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
Kala Namak – 1tsp
Amchoor Powder – 1tsp
Water for Kneading
How To Make Suji Namakpare
- In a mixer grinder grind suji into a fine flour.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the ghee. Mix with your fingers, till it resembles breadcrumbs
- Now add salt, chaat masala, red chilli powder, Kala namak, amchoor powder.
- Add water and knead into the soft dough
- Leave the dough at least for 30 minutes so suji can absorb water and the dough become soft.
For making Namakpare
- After 30 minutes, knead the dough again and if the dough is to hard then add little water and make the dough just like puri dough.
- Now make 1/2 inch thin chapati/disc and cut the chapati into a diamond shape.
- In a kadhai pour oil and heat oil
- Now add nampakare into oil on low medium heat and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add nampakpare one by one into oil otherwise, it sticks with one another and cant turns out crispy.
Nampakpare more crispy when it cool down. Store namakpare in air tight container for upto 10-15 days.