Chocolate is one of the most popular food types and flavors in the world, and many foodstuffs involving chocolate exist, particularly dessert, including cakes, pudding, chocolate brownies etc.
I also try to make many items from chocolate like muffins, cake, brownies etc, so in this series, I tried to make chocolate spring roll and it came out very yummy and it liked by every member of my family especially like by my 8-year-old son, so you called them kids favourite also. The most important thing it is very easy to make and made with only two ingredients.
Ingredients for chocolate spring roll
Salt a pinch
Raw chocolate/cooking chocolate – 12 medium pieces
Oil for frying
For the sealing paste for spring roll
Maida – 4 tbsp
Water – 3-5 tbsp
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the ghee. Mix with your fingers, till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a little water at a time, while kneading it into a stiff dough
To assemble the chocolate rolls
- Make small balls with the dough, even smaller than golf balls. Cover them with a damp cloth to prevent them for drying.
- Roll the dough in to small discs or chapati
- Now take one disc and put 1 piece of chocolate on one side .
- Spread maida paste along the edges of the disc.
- Now fold from one side tightly roll till the end.
- Seal all the edges perfectly so the chocolate does not come out.
To frying chocolate spring roll
- Heat oil in to the kadhai or in the deep fry pan
- Gently put 2 to 3 chocolate spring roll into kadhai.
- Fry until they become golden brown and then fry from other side also on a high flame.
- It takes around 3-4 minutes for fry chocolate spring roll.
- Now drain chocolate spring roll on kitchen paper.
- Enjoy chocolate spring roll when it hot because when you take first bite melted chocolate burst in your mouth.