Doodh Pitha is the same as khoya ka pitha but cooked in milk and served garnished with dry fruits and nuts. It is very popular sweet in Bihar.
Cuisine – Indian
Course – Sweet
Prep time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Total time – 50 minutes
Serving – 10 – 12 Pcs.
Rice flour – 1cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt – a pinch
Ghee – 1tsp
Khoya – 50 gm
Mix Dry fruits- 4 – 5 Tsp
Sugar – 4 -5 Tsp
Milk – 1/2 litre
Sugar – 4-5 tbsp
Saffron – 8-10 strings (soaked in boil milk)
How to make doodh pitha
- In a pan take water and add salt and ghee and boil the water.
- When water boil adds rice and mix well with water and switch off the flame.
- Cover with lid and give rest for 4-5 minute.
- After 4 -5 minute knead the dough until the dough become soft.
- Now make small size balls and keep aside.
- Take one ball and make hallow and fill the stuffing.
- Seal the mouth of a ball so that stuff does not come out.
- Make a round ball and keep aside.
- Boil the doodh in a pan.
- When milk is boil add rice balls in it.
- Poach the ball into milk for about 8-10 minute on a low medium flame.
- When the rice ball poaches in milk just take out from milk and keep in a plate.
- Now add saffron.
- Boil the milk until it reduces to half.
- Now add rice ball again for 1-2 minute.
- Switch off the flame.