Granola bar or Energy bar are now-a-days is very common among everybody specially sports persons. These bars have lot of good calories which boost up instant energy. These bar are the mixture of lot of cereals, seeds, nuts, berries jaggery etc. Before start the recipe of the granola bar let us see the benefits of the ingredients used in this bar.
Cooking Time: 10- 15 minute
Total Time: 60 minute
No of bars: 5 [250 gm ]
Granola Bar Ingredients:
Almond – 16 gm.
Cashew nut – 15 gm.
Pista – 13 gm.
Raisins – 5 gm.
Dried Date – 25 gm.
Pumpkin Seeds – 6 gm.
White Sesame Seed – 12 gm.
Oats – 1 cup
Jaggery/Gur – 80 gm.
Khajur – 30 gm.
How To Make Granola Bar:
1. Finely chop all nuts – almonds, cashew nut, pasta, raisin, dried dates, khajur and
2. Dry roast oats, nuts-almonds, pista, cashew nut separately in a kadhai/heavy bottom pan.
3. In another heavy bottom kadhai pour 5 tbsp water and then add jaggery.
4. Melt jaggery on a low flame till the melted jaggery turns glossy and thickens.
5. Check the consistency by dropping syrup to a bowl of water, it should form hard and cut with a snap sound.
7. Then add, ghee in a melted jaggery syrup and then add oats all nuts and khajur.
8. Immediately pour the mixture onto a greased plate or over butter paper.
9. Then rolled the mixture with a greased rolling pin into a slightly thick block.
- Add sugar instead of jaggery, just caramelized the sugar and mix all the nuts.
- Add nuts of your choice.
- You can also add different cereals like muesli, cornflakes, rice puff etc.
- Add seeds like flax seeds, melon seeds, dried cranberries.
- Always chopped the jaggery into small pieces so that it melts immediately and cooks evenly.