Flax seeds are also known as a super food as flax seeds contain omega-3, potassium, Vitamin B Group, magnesium, zinc and other important nutrients. Flax seeds are also rich in fibres. If you included flax seed in your daily diet it control your cholesterol level, blood pressure. It also keeps your heartbeat normal as it keeps your blood thin which prevent you from a heart attack. Flax seed also contains antioxidant and photo-chemical which keep your skin wrinkle free and healthy. Flax seed also helps in loose weight.
|Alsi/Tisi (Flax Seeds)|
Benefits of Jaggery/ Gur:
Benefits of fenugreek seeds(Methi dana):
|Methi Dana(fenugreek seeds)|
Ingredients for Alsi/ Tisi/ Flax seed ladoo
Flax seed – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Wheat flour/ atta – 1/2 cup
Mix Dry Fruit (almond, cashew nuts, pista) – 3/4 cup
Fenugreek seed – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1-2 tbsp
How to make Alsi/ Tisi/ Flax seed ladoo
- Firstly, measure all the ingredients- flax seed, jaggery, atta, mix dry fruit, fenugreek seed.
- Then dry roast flax seed until its colour turns from brown to golden brown on low flame.
|Roasted Flax Seeds/ Alsi|
3. Dry roast wheat flour or atta until it colour changes from white to golden brown on low flame.
|Roasted Wheat Flour|
4. Now take one teaspoon ghee, roast all mix dry fruits – almonds, cashew nut and pista.
|Roasted Dry Fruits|
5. Dry roast fenugreek seed.
|fenugreek seed/methi dana|
7. Now in a mixer grinder add roast atta and dry fruits along with powder of flax seed and mix all ingredients into a mixer grinder.
9. Now add the mixture of flax seed, dry fruit and fenugreek seed into jaggery syrup.
10. Make ladoo when the mixture become slightly warm.
|Flax seed laddo/Alsi Laddo|
- Increase or decrease the amount of fenugreek seed and it totally depends on your taste.
- You can also add dry fruits of your choice like lotus seed or makhana. These dry fruits gives more crunchy taste to your ladoo.
- You can also use finely chopped dry fruits instead of the mix in the mixer grinder.